Employees are dependent upon the good intentions and lawful actions of their employers. Employees are often vulnerable because their entire livelihood is at stake when it comes to their job. If you believe you have been treated unlawfully by your employer, you may have a right to financial compensation. Common mistakes and wrongs suffered by employees at the hands of their employers include:
- Failure to fully compensate employees for the total number of hours worked
- Failure to offer rest breaks
- Failure to offer meal breaks
- Failure to pay employees at overtime rates for overtime hours worked
- Racial discrimination
- Sexual harassment
- Racial harassment
- Discrimination on the basis of disability
- Failure to provide benefits offered upon commencement or termination of employment
Atkinson & Associates respects the hard work it takes to run a business. Oftentimes, situations can arise quickly and unexpectedly. If you are unprepared, a seemingly small issue can become a full-blown conflict. The philosophy of Atkinson & Associates is that lawsuits can be avoided by careful employment practices. Save yourself the time and costs of litigation by consulting with an attorney ahead of time.
If you do have a conflict underway, call Atkinson & Associates, where we pride ourselves in our graciousness and skill in ameliorating conflicts.